Tuesday, May 16, 2006

We've Got a Biter, Folks


And no, I'm not talking about a fish...I'm talking about a toddler. On Sunday he bit two children in the nursery. TWO. Not just one, but TWO! And they are both the sweetest little girls too. He bit the first one in order to win a battle over a toy, but the second one he bit for the pure enjoyment of it. She was just standing there being adorable and all of a sudden she was crying and Chad was screaming, "HE JUST BIT HER!" I couldn't believe it. We tried to show him what he did and make him say sorry but he wouldn't. I felt so bad for the two little girls. I remember once during Dracula what was supposed to be a stage bite ended up being a real bite once. I didn't have to act like I was screaming, I was really screaming. It seriously hurt SO bad. After the scene I told the kid "NEVER bite me again, if you do I swear you will regret it!" I seriously had a bruise on my wrist for days. Anyway, back to the nursery, I'm telling you...it is a struggle to like this child. He is also a screamer. Not because he is sad, but because he just likes to scream. I think he likes to watch all of the children cover their ears in agony. Or maybe he likes to hear us say "We do NOT scream." It's a toss up. Anyway, the mom of this kid didn't even seem fazed by it. I mean, if my child was biting people I would be a bit concerned. As much as it's completely awful, it was kind of funny. This one little girl (the one who tried to put the fire out with an elephant-subject of an earlier post) started following him around reminding him of what all the leaders were saying "We do NOT bite! WE DO NOT BITE!" It was just funny watching her follow him around in dress up heels reminding him of how bad he'd been, lol. And the first little girl who got bit kept saying, "My mom's gonna slap him!" It really was quite humorous. I'm just worried some of the kids will start being afraid to come to nursery now. On a brighter note, we helped the kids make macaroni necklaces for their moms for Mother's Day. They LOVED it! I've never seen them get so into an activity before. Only a couple had the actual motor skills to do it on their own, but we helped them out and they were so excited to give them to their moms. It was adorable.

4 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!! THOSE POOR LITTLE GIRLS!!That's so sad! I hope that little boy figures it out that there are better ways to get a girl to notice you. :) Haha. Guess what katie...I cut my hair again!! yay!!!! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad fact: the few biters I've run into haven't really learned until they have been bitten themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen- I'll have to come see your haircut! I'm so excited for you, I need to follow in your footsteps and get mine cut too.

    Scully- That's what my mom said. She said the Turner girl was their biter and that her mom would come to the nursery and anytime she bit someone her mom would let the kid bite her back...I don't know if that would go over so hot. It will, however, be quite tempting to bite him myself if he keeps this up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol a kid biting. Lol your nursery seems interesting....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...