I am not going to my classes today. I have two- Multicultural Education and World Literature and I am not going. I decided I was entitled to get actual sleep today. That is why when my alarm went off I told my husband "I am not going to class" and went back to sleep. I know this is very horrible, but I am justifying my decision so I don't feel too guilty. Here are the reasons why it is ok:
1) This is the first time I will have missed these classes all semester (quite an accomplishment I MUST say!)
2) If I didn't actually sleep today I would be falling asleep by the time I went to work this afternoon.
3) I am sick of school. School is all I do. I go to school, I go to work, I come home and do work that is due at school the next day. I can't TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!
4) It has been raining like crazy the past few days. Not pretty rain, but cold rain. That makes it very depressing to wait for the bus. My umbrella (keeping up with the umbrella conspiracy) is dysfunctional. The slightest gust of wind makes it turn inside out and then I have to use all my strength to realign it to protect me from the downpour. Not fun, and definitely a reason I didn't need to go to school today.
5) I haven't heard anything about the internship I applied for. I probably will not get it, which will mean I will have to keep working at the Telefund during the Spring and Summer...I don't know how much longer I can sound pleasant on the phone. I need time away from school to adjust to this.
6) Our apartment is a mess and we have people staying here this weekend, so it has to be clean by tomorrow. What better time to start cleaning than during class time???
Well, there are many more reasons, but that is basically it. I am still feeling slight guilt, but I'm sure I will get over it. After all, we have a TV now, season one of The Office on DVD, and there's a carton of chocolate icecream in our freezer just waiting to help me cope.
Friday, March 10, 2006
Today I tried a new product for the first time. A few weeks ago, my sister-in-law introduced me to this Glade carpet & room deodorizer. She convinced me to buy it when we were on our big Satan's Five-and-Ten trip. Well, today I was vacuuming and decided to give it a whirl. It's this stuff that you sprinkle on the carpet. Then you leave it there for a couple of minutes, come back and vacuum over it.
You wouldn't think this would be that revolutionary, but can I just say, it is pretty much the most amazing stuff EVER? Our apartment now smells like "clean linen" and is filled "with the refreshing smell of freshly laundered sheets, just dried on the line with a touch of gentle breezes. Created by Nature...Captured by Glade." And honestly, who DOESN'T want their apartment to smell like that? So fabulous!
Anyway, a big thanks to my wonderful sister for this one, as well as a thumbs up to Glade. I love it!
Saturday, March 04, 2006
Right now my husband is watching a movie about Vampires on TNT. "TNT: We know drama!" From the little snippets I am hearing, it seems like a pretty weak sauce movie. In high school I was Mina in "Dracula." Dracula bit me, and thus I was also a blood-thirsty individual for a period of time. The stage blood was made out of cherry jello and some kind of sugar syrup. It tasted really good. My mom wouldn't let my little brother come watch the play, she was afraid my performance would disturb him. It's amazing what you will do for a lead in a high school production...