Friday, April 02, 2010

Remember that One Time . . .

When we talked about the wonder that is owning a food processor?

Yeah. About that. It turns out it also comes in handy in the beverage department.

While perusing my favorite cooking site, Our Best Bites, I came across this beauty:

What your eyes are devouring is a Raspberry Citrus Slushy, and it is divine. You can use your food processor to make the raspberry puree portion of the beverage. The recipe can be found here (as can the photograph, since I snagged it from their site so you could get a full mental image of what I'm talking about).

My favorite part of making them was when I got to the part in the recipe that says "Place raspberries, powdered sugar, and 2 T water in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and add a little more powdered sugar if it's too tart still. If you don't have a food processor you could probably just smash them to a pulp!" Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh how it tickled my heart to realize that it would not be ME mashing frozen raspberries with a fork. (Thanks again, Mom!)

I froze the leftover slushy into our homemade popsicle molds, so I'll let you know how those go over.

This frozen treat was especially wonderful today, because Spring Break officially began for me this afternoon. Today was a beautiful eighty-something degree day in North Carolina. Yesterday I realized that the dogwood trees are blooming. I think they are the most whimsical trees, and I love it.

Happy Spring!

1 comment:

  1. That looks divine. I'm incredibly jealous of your beautiful 80 degree weather. Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...