Tuesday, July 08, 2014

You're a Grand Old Flag!

You're a high flying flag! 
And forever in peace may you wave!


 You're the emblem of the land I love!


The home of the free and the brave!


 Every heart beats true 'neath the red, white, and blue,


Where there's never a boast or brag.


 Should auld acquaintance be forgot,


Keep your eye on the grand old flag!


The 4th of July is definitely one of my favorite holidays.  It trails just behind Christmas and Halloween for me in terms of favoritism.  I love this amazing country we call home, and it's great to have an excuse to be extra patriotic.  And the fireworks aren't too shabby, either.  

We spent the morning marching in our neighborhood's traditional 4th of July parade, scarfed down some patriotic popsicles with neighbors, then packed up the car and headed to Kinston for fun with family.  Kaden even took a nap, so he could stay up late for the fireworks.  

He was pretty excited!



For him, the show did not disappoint.


I love weekends that are packed with good food and family.  This weekend had both.  A holiday tossed in made it even better!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...