Sunday, December 28, 2014

Family Photos 2014, A Quick Book-Themed Shoot

I kid you not.  Our Christmas card photo session this year was envisioned, realized, post-processed, created, and printed in half a day.  We came home from our ward's Christmas brunch, put Everett down for a nap, and he promptly pooped and woke up.  Since we were all still looking semi-decent, I made Chad bust out his photography equipment, and we were in business.  I honestly love the way the photos turned out this year, particularly since I had pretty low expectations of success.




I just love Everett's little expressions in these.  Every time the light flashed, he laughed and squealed, "Uh-oh!"  And Kaden was such a serious, studious little reader (he selected a copy of The Great Gatsby, a decision I endorsed wholeheartedly).






Love Kade's squinty-eyed happy face in these two:




Love that we forgot to cover the light socket in these ones:



And love these two little boys.  More than words can say.  And those vintage Dr. Seuss yard sale finds aren't too shabby either.



I chose two favorites, added a little free font magic in photo shop, and voila:


Not too shabby for totally last minute.  I'm glad I persevered and didn't just bag Christmas cards this year.  It was a close call.  They really are one of my favorite parts of the holiday season.  A wall in our kitchen is smothered with them, and I fully intend to leave it that way until at least Valentine's Day.  I just can't bear the thought of parting with them when the Christmas decorations come down.

1 comment:

  1. Im glad you didn't bag it too. These are GREAT shots.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...