Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cold Medicine- A Girl's Best Friend

So on Friday my throat started to feel a little bit sore. By the time I woke up on Saturday I couldn't swallow without pain, I ached all over, and spent the entire day miserable and crabby. On Sunday I was feeling much better by mid-afternoon. My throat didn't hurt at all anymore! I still had a slight cough, but other than that I figured all the sleep I'd had must have put me on the path to recovery...OH NO people, I spoke WAY too soon. Yesterday I started feeling congested, and by last night I was SERIOUSLY congested. I went to bed early because I didn't feel well, but I don't think I slept more than 15 minutes straight. I had to keep waking up coughing or to blow my nose so I could breathe. It is absolutely disgusting to me. You'd think my little nose would run out of stuff to blow, but it just doesn't...gross. Not only that but my head hurt so bad that every little noise was making it worse. When the people who live above us started moving around upstairs it literally hurt my head every time they took a step. I thought I was going to die. I know I am overly dramatic and that I have a low pain tolerance, but seriously people this time I don't think I am exaggerating at all- I am sick!

Anyway, this morning when I told Chad I hadn't been able to sleep all night he suggested I take some nyquill and miss classes so I can get some actual rest. I disputed this idea for awhile, but gave in because one of my classes was shortened today, and the other one the professor won't even be there. I have to write a paper tonight, and there's no way I can get that done without a little sleep. (I love that missing classes makes me feel so guilty I even have to justify it on this blog).

I decided to take his advice. I don't know if Nyquill affects everyone the same way, or if it just does a number on me because I've never consumed alcohol...but it makes me insanely loopy. It definitely did it's job though! I slept from 8:30 to about 1:00 this afternoon and feel soooooooooo much better! The cold's just as horrid as ever, but at least I feel rested. Nyquill wins the best invention ever award in my book today!!! Thank you! I can't wait to try out your sister Day-Quill Chad is going to buying for me. What a happy remedy to such a horrible problem. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...