Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fall Break is a Beautiful Thing

All through my days at BYU I craved a Fall Break. I think it is cruel that BYU does not give students a break in the fall, or in the spring. It's just...wrong. It became even worse after I got married. Since Chad goes to UVSC, where they believe in letting students have vacation time, he had one and I didn't. I'd have to leave for classes, while watching him still sound asleep. And NOTHING. I repeat, NOTHING, is as miserable as that. Particularly when you're a person who detests early hours, and would like nothing better than to hide under the covers from the alarm clock in the morning.

Anyway, I can put such misery behind me, because I finally have one! It's not a super long break, and most of it will probably be spent forcing myself to finish all the mounds of grading that have piled up, but STILL it is a break! I don't have to go to work, and I can stay in my pajamas all day if I want to. I can finally indulge in a session of relaxation, complete with a mug of Stephen's Mint Cocoa (quite the treat, and we now have a ginormous container of it from Sam's Club) while I force myself to read what are supposed to be coherent sentences created by my 10th and 12th graders. The mountain of book reports is slowly, but surely, depleting. I only have two and a half classes left to go! And, have only found one case of blatant plagiarism so far! It's miraculous! With a light at the end of the tunnel, I think I might actually have a few moments for fun time between now and Monday.

PLUS we are having "fake Thanksgiving" at my parents' house this weekend. And what's better than turkey, sweet potatoes, and a little stuffing on a fall day?

And, did I mention I don't have to go back to work until Monday? YEA!!!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your fall break--it sounds simply marvelous! Especially that part about the Stephens Hot Cocoa. Oh and by the way, I think you'll be happy to know that "ginormous" is now officially a word--in the dictionary!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...