Thursday, June 19, 2008

I Highly Recommend It

So, the "Someone Stole My Money" blog will have to wait. I've been tagged by one of my most favorite people, Scully, and I think this is a cool blog idea. So, here are the instructions I've been given:

1. Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!
6. Tag 5 people.


I've just finished reading Anne Tyler's Digging to America. If you haven't read it, do! I borrowed it from my mom before leaving Utah, and just barely got around to it. I adored it. She's an amazing writer, and the book is fabulous. Anyway, enough babbling, here is the passage found on page 123, sentences five through eight:

"A book on needlepoint dollhouse rugs due back at the Roland Park Library on May 16, 1989. A manual for an electric typewriter they no longer owned. A box of unused thank-you cards. Twenty years of tax returns, some of the years missing."

I tag:
1. Noelle
2. Wendi
3. Jennifer
4. Tiffany
5. Meredith

Or, if anyone else is game, feel free!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation.
    Thanks for the tag.
    I will try to get to it soon.
    I can hardly wait for the
    "Someone Stole My Money" post.
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Not. good.

    I was so excited to see you at the shower last night. I wish I could have spent more time visiting. We will have to make a "date". I promise to get a sitter. Or atleast one that will be more dependable than my husband. * wink*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...