Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Just When Everything Seemed Peachy

A teenager had to burst my bubble. This is what our car looked like at about 6:15 this evening:


My Mazda Bebe is dead, and I am very sad. I loved this car. The good news? Chad and I are both fine. The kid has insurance. It was completely unavoidable, since we were stopped at a stop light and he decided to forget how to use the brakes. Oh, wait, I mean, his brakes "didn't work" even though the officer on the scene seemed to find nothing at all wrong with them.

Tragic.

I'm looking forward to a lot of phone calls with insurance agents, paper work, and hopefully a rental car until ours is either repaired, or, if it is deemed totaled, replaced.

Although, I've got to say, it was pretty funny to hear the kid on the phone, "Yea, I just hit Miss Reese's car."

What a way to start the summer.

11 comments:

  1. So very sorry to hear about this. I am so familiar with auto accidents!!!!!!!!!!!! Your poor car. Glad you both are fine. Hope everything gets settled soon. Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm glad you guys are okay though. Sorry about your car. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a cute car (was!) I am so sorry that happen to you! I'm glad to hear that you both are OK!
    Those crazy High School students!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sucks to be that kid.

    Saying goodbye to a beloved car is always pretty tragic. Here's hoping there's a fat insurance check to numb the pain a little!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! How awful. That looks like a pretty bad smash! Were you both in it when it happened? Hopefully the replacement will be just as cute and wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:47 AM

    I'm sorry Katie! I'm glad you two weren't hurt, but I know you love that car, so hopefully they'll get it taken care of fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you guys are both okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad! Glad you're okay. Though, I have to agree, "I just hit Miss Reese's car" is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a huge fan of running into my students outside of school but that gives a whole new meaning to "running into" them... I'm sorry! That's horrible

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yowza...whelp, at least it wasn't your fault and you weren't hurt AND the kid had insurance. Three major plusses in the car accident department. Also, your post about the puppy makes sense...you want to wait until you are both goooood and ready for sure...and my pregnant self wishes I had Wonka-vision so I could eat that dessert right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good, im so excited to see you again. Its been way too long. I cant wait for you to meet my guys!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...