Saturday, October 01, 2011

Myrtle Beach Trip, September 2011

Over the second weekend in September, Joy and Bruce took all of us (that are currently living in North Carolina) on a trip to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.

In true Kaden fashion we started out the vacation very cautious and uncertain:








Then, once acclimated, had a lot of fun:





 On this trip, I learned a few things:

1)  My child will always have a better tan than me, even though he wears three coats of SPF 50.

2)  There are perks to having a husband who isn't overly crazy about the beach.  Almost every time Kaden was napping, Chad stayed in the hotel room with him, and I got to soak up the sun.  Alone.  With a magazine.  With only the gentle sound of waves breaking on the shore disturbing what would otherwise be silence.  Heaven. 

3)  There are few things I enjoy more than playing card games late at night with family.  Even though they have to reteach me the rules every time we play, and even though I am seldom the winner, there is something therapeutic about laughing so hard I can't breathe.

4)  Vacations never last long enough.

Thanks, Joy and Bruce for taking us with you!  We had a great time!



3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:09 PM

    I agree; playing games with family or friends late at night is the BEST. Just laughing and talking and singing and being goofy. I love it. Also, you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading a magazine/book on the beach by myself. Glad you guys had a great time!!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds heavenly! When we go to the beach my husband immediately jumps into the surf and I spend the day tackling kids and hoping he will return eventually.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...