Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Saucer--A Bit Camera Shy

I am hoping that my child's stubborn gene doesn't extend beyond the womb.  In all of our ultrasounds, The Saucer has been extremely uncooperative.  Well, I guess that's not quite true.  He has been cooperative in all areas except letting us see his little face.  At our gender check ultrasound, he made it quite clear that he was a boy, so I can't call him completely uncooperative.  I guess he is just a little camera shy (and if that extends beyond the womb, I don't know what his father is going to do).  Maybe he just wants us to be very surprised when we see him for the first time.

Here are some of the pictures I've been meaning to post from our 4-D ultrasound, at 29 weeks.  I have seen photos from other people's 4-D ultrasounds and they are amazing.  Prior to ours, I had all these visions of getting to watch my future son move-- you know, wave at me, suck his thumb, somersault around, SOMETHING.  Our little boy gave us NOTHING.  He sat in the same position for nearly an hour, and swatted at us to let him sleep when our ultrasound tech tried to coax him into moving.  During our ultrasound he had both of his legs up against his head.  He was literally in a pike position (maybe we have a future Olympic diver?) kissing his little knee.  While his ability to hold a position requiring such flexibility was quite impressive (particularly for his parents, who can barely touch their toes), it made it very difficult to get clear images.  He didn't leave any space for fluid to come between his knee and his little face, and the fluid needed to be there to see the image.  As a result, most of our images are distorted, but at least you can kind of see his little face in these three:



Right after our ultrasound, he started moving all over the place.  I had my checkup right after, and the midwife's exact words were, "Wow!  He's really active today."  Hmmmm . . . funny, because when Mommy and Daddy paid to see him . . . not so much!

Today I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks.  He still didn't let the tech get a clear profile shot of his face, but at least we know for sure that he has TURNED!  He's no longer in the breech position!!! YEA!!!  He had the hiccups the other night, and they felt a lot lower than they used to, but I didn't want to get too excited.  He is head down and face down, so he's ready for action in about 4 weeks, as long as he doesn't move before then.  They seemed to think that was unlikely, since he's running out of room to flip too much at this point.  Right now he's showing at 6 pounds 11 ounces, but they say that weight estimate can be off by an entire pound.  The doctor seemed to think he will probably debut at somewhere around 8 pounds, if he continues to grow at the same rate and stays in the 64th percentile.  He has a lot of hair, just not too long yet, and he even has some fat rolls starting on his little arms.  So cute!  Mommy can't wait to meet you, little un-named Bebe!

4 comments:

  1. He is going to be Beautiful. This Great Aunt can tell!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a HUGE relief that he turned!! That is great news! Our little guy has been head down for about two months, but he is between the anterior and posterior position. We are hoping he too will move before the big day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so exciting!! Be careful with their weight estimates...they are usually WAY OFF. they told me those exact same numbers at 36 weeks and when I had Bridger at 39 weeks he was 10 lbs 4 oz!!! yeah, nothing even close to what they said!! They did the opposite for my sister they said they had to get him out NOW because he was well over 9 lbs and he ended up being 7 lbs 12 oz.

    YAY that he turned!! Good luck, can't wait to see real pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those weight things can be so messed up! I was told at 31 weeks that Alessia was 4 lbs. 11 oz. and she was born at 35 weeks weighing 4 lbs. 7 oz.

    I'm so happy he turned! Yay! I'm sure that is a such a relief.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...