Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Unexpectedly Excited




Today I picked up the paper as I often do at work. One of the headlines read "Mickelson wins second major title." Half of you reading this are instantly thinking I'm talking about Phil Mickelson winning the 2005 PGA Championship in NJ yesterday. That is what I'm talking about...the other half of you are now thinking, "Katie...golf?" Yes I know, I know...I myself find it odd that I even noticed this headline in the paper, and find it even more strange that I was ecstatic to know he had won...because I honestly was! Those of you who know me well know that I have never been much of a sports person, and that I never grew up watching ESPN. In fact until Chadwick, I would never have even considered watching golf on television. My husband loves golf. In fact, anywhere we go that there is anything resembling the shape/length of a golf club he practices his swing. He watches golf on television. He played golf in high school. He plays golf now. He has a set of golf clubs in a very nice bag in our closet. Anyway, the point is because it's something Chad loves, I watched The Masters (a tradition unlike any other, lol) with him this year. So, I figured I would hate it...but it kind of sucked me in! Don't get me wrong, I'm not planning on becoming an actual golfer anytime soon, but I actually LIKED watching it on TV. It was shocking to me; I never thought that would be something I'd enjoy. Anyhow, getting back to this Mickelson fellow: So, when we watched the Masters this year I wanted Phil Mickelson to win because he has the cutest wife. It had nothing to do with his actual golfing abilities because I didn't really know a lot about him, but listening to him and his wife talk instantly made him my favorite golfer. (I am an emotional person and became slightly emotionally attached to them...I'm such a dork...) Anyway, when Tiger Woods won The Masters I was extremely disgruntled. Right now Chad and I don't have a TV. Normally I would have realized my favorite golfer had won such a prestigious title right away, but because Chad has no way to watch sports center I had no idea. Anyway, I thought I would share my excitement with you even though it is kind of random. I've also included some pictures so you can see just how cute his little family is...you can't help but smile that he's the WINNER! Bless his little heart! I'm so happy =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...