Monday, August 15, 2005

The Way to Redeem a Severely Outdated Couch


This blog is going to express the extreme pleasure, nay the extreme joy that a little invention called the slipcover brings to my heart. Allow me to explain why these large pieces of cloth now covering our couches are so precious to me. It may be helpful if I begin with a description of what our living room furniture looks like without them. Our couches were created at some point during the horrible fashion mistakes of the 1980's...my guess would be during the early 80's. This is easy to pinpoint due to the other glass/brass ensembles we have in our apartment. Apparently our apartment complex has felt no need to replace these well used beauties, so it is our privilege to have them now. Don't get me wrong, I really was sincerely grateful to have furniture at ALL considering half the places we looked at had none. I really was, I'm not even lying. (Not to mention the stories I have heard of my parents early-married years, eating on cardboard boxes with apple crates for chairs...) Anyhow, back to the matter at hand: My dentist Dr. Froese bought us a slipcover as our wedding present. It is khaki and beautifully hides our purple/pink/teal 80's-esque upholstery. I love it! You know what I love even more? The fact that we bought the MATCHING loveseat cover from Target with one of the fabulous gift cards we received for our wedding. Our living room looks fabulous, and we owe it all to the slipcover! Thank you to whoever created this little gem of an invention, I am reaping the benefits now and cannot express enough my gratitude, I love you! (In a purely platonic way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, and I love to respond to them personally! Is your email activated in your Blogger Profile? This is the way I respond to readers. You can create a blogger profile, even if you're not a blogger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...